Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kohen turns 3...

I cannot believe the time for this post has come. Its so hard to belive that my baby is 3 years old! It seems like a short time ago that he was just a newborn, and yet, here we are. Bittersweet. I am so very happy that I am pregnant again and will have a baby in my arms in a few short months. I love the baby stage. But I must say, the toddler stage is a bit more fun. I have enjoyed watching his little personality develop over this past year. He has gone through so many changes. It is no secret that I have 'babied' Kohen his entire life, but he is becoming so independent that it is no longer an option for me. He LOVES being a big boy and doing things on his own. He is really into dressing himself which is awesome....Kason still puts up a fight about dressing himself at times...so I am thrilled he enjoys this task. Makes life easier for me!:) He is also of course potty trained and has been for almost 6 months. We are so proud of him!

He continues to be the calm, chill little man of the house, although has become very opinionated and 'difficult' at times. He has let his intense stubborn side show through which I am trying to adjust to. He used to do whatever mommy said....but lately, he is quick to let me know if there is something he does not like or does not agree with. I suppose this is a good thing...but it does drive me a bit crazy. I remember Kason going through this at this age, so I know it will pass...but I feel like we are still a bit involved with the 'terrible twos'.

He has recently gotten Kason's old bike and LOVES riding it. It is so fun to watch him learn. It seems as if he will be into bike riding just like his older brother. Except he has no fear, so that will be interesting:) We love this little guy so much and feel so blessed to have him in our family. He really does help to balance us all out.

Here's a little collage of my favorite Kohen moments from this past year....

 Happy 3rd Birthday Kohen! We love you!

1 comment:

Brady and Whitney said...

oh i miss you guys! Kohen looks like he had a great birthday! Looks like we may be seeing you soon...may maybe i think you mom said. Tell Nick congrats for becoming an elder wish we lived closer so we could be apart of it all! Love you guys