Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Camping-Priest Lake

Let me start with a quick back story: last November we planned a big family camping trip/reunion for this summer and reserved the group camp site up at Lionhead again like last year. This site must be reserved 9 months in advance and we were extremely lucky to get it again this year. When planning, my mom gave me specific instructions that no babies were to be due around that time. "haha", I literally laughed at the comment and said, 'you dont need to worry about THAT'. So we planned the trip for the week of Aug 15-22. Everything was dandy until about 3 weeks later I discovered I was pregnant with little Kashton. I was of course ecstatic even though we had originally planned on a fall baby, not a summer one. Then I checked my due date on the little chart and there it was: Aug 14. The day before the big trip. I was a bit bummed thinking there was no way we'd be able to go. I hoped I may deliver early, but didn't want to count on it, so we waited it out. Kashton more than cooperated when he decided to make his debut early enough for us to be able to go for a couple days. We also were blessed with being able to use Shelly's camping trailer which is the only way it was even possible with a newborn. So, all worked out in the end as it usually does:) We had such a fun time and I was even able to relax a bit during all the hoop-lah. It was great to spend time with all of the Kenworthy siblings since it sadly doesnt happen very often. And the boys had a blast hanging out with their uncles:)

Kashton did remarkably well for only being 2 weeks old. He wins the title for youngest baby to go camping (record previously held by Boden....at 4 weeks!) and I am sure he will grow up to love going as much as his big brothers do. I am very glad we had the opportunity to camp agian this year since much of the summer was a bust due to weather. Many memories were made!

One area I have failed in this summer is picture taking. I have done ok....just enough to document the events that took place...but havent been able take as many as I'd like. I guess you could blame on laziness  during the pregnancy, then busy-ness ever since he's been born. Whatever the excuse, my pics are a bit lame. But at least I got a few good ones....oh, and I managed to 'steal' a couple great ones Kiley took on the trip. So here goes....

Our home away from home




 The only pic Ko would allow me to take of him

 Like father, like son:)

 Kason with his boards

 Kashton before the nightly campfire wearing the ugliest hat on the planet....the only one that would fit his little head:)

Surfer Boys Nick and Kohen

 Surfer boys Nick and Kason

Nick showing everyone how its done

 Handsome yet filthy face

LOVE THIS!

No comments: