Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kashton Jack has arrived!

He is finally here! Baby Kashton arrived 9 days early  at 3:19 pm on Friday, August 5, 2011. He weighed a tiny 6 lbs, 11oz and was 19 inches long. Labor was amazingly fast and easy, lasting a total of about 7 hours from start to finish. Early labor was questionable....I didn't even know for sure that I was in labor until about 9:30 that morning. I had been to the doctor on Thursday for my regular weekly appt and had my membranes stripped which apparantly got things moving along. Friday morning about 4:30 am, I began to have mild contractions about 30 mins apart but was able to sleep through/between them. By 830 am they were about 10-15 mins apart but still very mild, so I sent Nick off to work thinking we had at least until the evening before active labor started. Of course, that day, he was supposed to drive up to Manito to deliver a fitting system which was a total of about 2 hours round trip for him. In hindsight, he probably shouldn't have gone....he recieved a call from me about 9:30 that was frantic and stressed telling him I needed to go to the hospital soon. My contractions had picked up in intensity and were only 6 mins apart so I knew our little man was coming soon. Luckily he got home about 1030 and we headed into the hospital. I was dialated to a 5 when we got checked in at about noon. 3 hours later he was here and healthy and I couldn't have asked for a better delivery! I only had to push 2 or 3 times and it was  done. I of course cried the second I saw his perfect little face. I was immediately in love!


Thanks to Shelly, we got some great first moment pics















The boys are just as smitten as I am:)

He is so sweet and peaceful

One of my favorite pics....ever


I already can't imagine our family without him!

No comments: