Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas Celebration 2011

Here I am, a month late, posting about Christmas. This month has flown by and I am in that 'place' of being overwhelmed with all the blogging I need to catch up on. Life is so busy! I figure a little post is better than none, so here is my quick re-cap of Christmas. It was SO very wonderful and enjoyable this year! Much better for me than last year was when I was in the early stages of pregnancy. I had the energy and enthusiasm to keep up this time! My favorite thing about Christmas is watching my boys and their excitement around all the festivities, and it seems to get even better as they get older.

Christmas Eve morning we picked up the boys from grandmas annual cousin sleep over-gift shopping-play time extravaganza. I am amazed that my mom has the energy to follow through with this every year! It gets a little more wild each year as more grandkids get added into the mix! Luckily she had lots of help (grandpa Randy, Blake, Connor etc). Keeping with tradition, all cousins recieved matching Christmas PJs. They all looked so cute! What a fun little crowd of crazies!




The evening was celebrated at our house, complete with BOTH sides of the family. Doesnt get any better than that! We had enjoyed great conversation and time together as well as lots of yummy food. Oh and of course, the new tradition of the white elephant gift exchange which is always loads of fun. Here is the ONLY picture I took the whole evening :(    I must have been too busy playing hostess.....




Christmas morning was a whirlwind, opening presents and getting ready for church. I love having Christmas fall on a Sunday, but it does make for a busy morning. The boys had so much fun opening presents. Although we did have to have a lesson on being thanful for what we get. With two boys they both want the EXACT same things...however it is not practical to buy 2 of every thing. So each boy had their fair share of 'wanting' what brother got. Made for some interesting moments...but all was well in the end:) After the gifts were opended and the house was thouroghly destroyed we headed over to Spokane and went to church with my parents. All 5 siblings and families were there which was awesome! Dinner then was at the Kenworthy home....and of course the food was exceptional. Yummy, I love me some Christmas dinner.


 

No comments: