Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Festivities

We had a blast this year during the holiday season ( I can say that now since it is over...might have thought otherwise in the midst of the craziness) We experienced our first year as "hosting" the holiday. Yep, I made a FULL Christmas dinner, of course my mom and sis brought a lot of the side dishes and Nick "prepped" the turkey so I cant take all the credit. We also hosted Christmas eve and had the Pintler side over for that. We had so much fun getting to spend good quality time with both sides of the family this year.

Another highlight was that both boys were very aware and into the holiday spirit and anticipation. It made it so much fun to see them both get so excited and have so much fun with cousins and family. On Christmas morning Kason claimed to have heard Santa Claus saying "hohoho" during the night. Whether he dreamed that or simply made it up, Nick and I sure got a kick out of it:)

And again this year, I made an enormous amount cookies and goodies. I felt like I was baking for 2 straight weeks. I love to bake, so this part was actually fun for me. My "helpers" however, made things interesting.....


KO Man applying the Decor



And then enjoying his hard work




Kasons Turn



Action shot


 Kason decided he wanted his own tree in the playroom and we happened to have a fake one in storage that worked perfectly.  


And the "real tree". Notice the crooked star...it had a mind of its own
 
Christmas Eve...Kohen with one of the most popular Christmas presents of the night...the toy drill. It goes with a toy truck (takes it apart and puts it back together) but we found many uses for it


Nick performing his fatherly duties and putting together a workbench on Christmas Eve...notice the drill again. It was more helpful than Nicks real one :)


Nick and I and the toy drill I was way to impressed with


Opening presents Christmas morning. One of the few pictures I got
 
Kason and Kora on Christmas Day...they had a blast. Thanks Grandma Lori for the matching PJS!!


Love this one....notice Canon sneaking cookies. This is funnier if you've seen this video taken by Kiley


Kohen learning the Wii...uncle Connor is the best!!
 
Kason looking so handsome and so big! This is one of my favorite pics all season:)







No comments: