Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Day~2010

This Christmas was a bit rough on me this year. Being newly pregnant, fighting fatigue and nausea, and also battling a major cold was a recipe for disaster. Add that to the long 'to do' list that Christmas brings and I was walking zombie most of the month. I struggled to keep up and get everything done, and doing so nearly killed me. My poor yet amazing husband has been so incredibly understanding, supportive and helpful. I could not have done it without him! He got the daunting task of wrapping every last present (except his own, I did muster up the energy to do that) But nevertheless, Christmas was still a major success and very enjoyable, even for me. The festivities began at the Pintlers house on Christmas Eve, where we got to spend time with Mike and Danielle and their two boys (who we dont get to see often enough) and also the rest of the Pintler (and Varnell) clan! It was really nice to spend time with everyone. We then headed to my aunt Lindseys for her annual Christmas eve celebration. It has been years since we have been able to go and it was tons of fun. We had a very entertaining white elephant gift exchange, and lots of yummy snacks. We had a great time. Here are a few pics I captured from the evening.


Yes, I know, we are quite a large group! But thats what we love about it!!



Christmas morning was or course the highlight. The boys' excitement made all the stress and hardwork worth it! Kason was so shocked that Santa ate the cookies and the reindeer ate the banana (we didnt have carrots or apples) He came in our room with the empty plate of cookie crumbs with the brightest eyes, saying "look, Satna ate his cookies!" it was so precious. Definitely a highlight for me to see:) Then, the destruction began.....ripping into all gifts. I only got a couple pictures of the madness. Seems to be the case every year!!




Then of course we had a little play time before heading over to aunt Shelly's for a delicious Christmas dinner. The day was wonderful! But to be honest, I am glad its over so I can get back into my routine!

No comments: