Friday, June 25, 2010

The Celebration!

Kason had quite the birthday this year! There were so many fun festivities!. The celebration began first thing Friday morning with breakfast at IHOP which was surprisingly delicious. I havent eaten there in awhile and I was actually quite impressed. After breakfast we headed over to the theater and saw Toy Story 3, which was soooo good! I think it is my favorite out of the 3. Such a great little story. I even got a little choked up a few times during the movie. I can thank my mom for that, she used to cry watching full house:) Sensitve Sanders genes. But it really was touching at times, I know I wasnt the only one getting teary eyed!



After the movie (and too much candy) we headed home to get set up for out Buzz Lightyear birthday party. The boys thankfully took decent naps while we got everything prepped. At the party the kids made rocketships out of toilet paper rolls, which actually turned out pretty cute. They had lots of fun....but  I must thank my wonderful hubby for helping with the craft while I was getting the food ready. He is always such a good sport. He is the artistic one anyway so he did a much better job than I would have.



Dinner was pizza and pasta salad....simple yet delicious. Then we of course had cake and ice cream.



Kason then got to open his presents. He got lots of fun gifts...one being the nerf gun which he has been dying to get. Its quite interesting to me how obsessed my boys seem to be with guns. I definitely do not encourage the idea....I guess they are born with the desire for destruction:).


I have come to the conclusion that birthday parties become more work as the children get older and start having an opinion of their own:) But I think they also become more fun.too. Cant believe my little man is getting so old so fast. Makes me feel old too .....especially with Nick approaching the big 3-0. 

Headed off to our next adventure this weeked.....camping!! we are very excited and I must say....dang its alot of work to go camping. But we are makin memories, so its all worth it!!!!

3 comments:

Turnbow's said...

You are soooo creative! That looks like a great party! Question are you tent camper or a trailer camper?

Turnbow's said...

You are soooo creative! That looks like a great party! Question are you tent camper or a trailer camper?

Brady and Whitney said...

yea you updated alot! now i can see pics of those cute boys! You guys look like your having a fun summer! Kasons cake was so adorable! Im sad we missed it!